Full Project – THE RELEVANCE OF E-COMMERCE/ONLINE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA – A STUDY OF KONGA NIGERIA
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
E-commerce/online business is the conduct of business via internet which relates to activities of information searching, information sharing, purchasing or exchanging products and services; also maintaining customer relationship without face to face meeting unlike transaction done in traditional way. Often e-commerce/online business is wrongfully perceived as a way of doing business between web retailers and web end customers but rather e-commerce/online business encompasses an entire range on conducting online business whether it’s the interaction between business to business, business to customer, and business to government (Wada and Odulaja, 2012).
According to Ainscough and Luckett (2006), all internet users are potential customers to companies in e-commerce/online business. While the use of e-commerce/online business is obviously beneficial and has been implemented by millions of companies all over the world, in line with its benefits, companies have also faced certain challenges. Among others, they have realized that ensuring customer satisfaction and developing customers’ trust of e-commerce/online business services is no easy task, yet it is a very important task for the long-term growth of a business.
Customer satisfaction is when products and services meet the expectation of the consumers. It is very important that consumers are content with the products and services provided by the particular website as satisfied customers are likely to be loyal and make repetitive purchases which will increase profitability of that particular e-commerce/online business company.
Customer satisfaction has been described as a consumer’s post evaluation of a purchased product or service, given pre-purchase expectations (Adewuyi, 2011). Striving for customer satisfaction is no different than good business. By “business” is not means only the Four Ps but rather business in the classic sense of being customer oriented and market driven. Attempting to find out what customers want and then trying to deliver the same may be seen as striving for customer satisfaction or simply doing good business.
Users of e-commerce/online business Web sites often have high expectations for the quality of service, and if those expectations are not met, the next site is only a click away. A number of performance problems have been observed for e-commerce/online business Web sites, and much work has gone into characterizing the performance of Web servers and Internet applications (Auta, 2010).
Ever since the introduction of e-commerce/online business in the 1990s thanks to the World Wide Web (WWW), online trade has taken the world by storm. Empowered by the Internet, e-commerce/online business quickly spread out to most businesses as companies found it to be an effective way of communication between parties, e-commerce/online business, which can be simply defined as the exchanging of digitized transmission of electronic orders, is a cost-optimal way to promote and run a business (Imiefoh, 2012).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
A number of performance problems in e-commerce/online business systems have been observed, mainly due to heavier-than anticipated loads and the consequent inability to satisfy customer requirements. This has resulted in a lot of work attempting to characterize the performance of Web servers and Internet applications.
Many unsuccessful online businesses fail to satisfy their customers because the expectation of the online customers is often higher and may even be different from that those of using traditional business. Business in the world of the Internet, therefore, presents new challenges to businesses and marketers world-wide.
However the customers of these e-commerce/online business systems are less well studied. Some surveys show considerable dissatisfaction with current e-commerce/online business and Web servers; for example, it has been reported that as many as 60% of users typically cannot find the information they are looking for in a Web site, even though the information is present. In an area such as e-commerce/online business, customers demand a high quality of the service they receive, since it is easy to move away to another site if they perceive the current one to be unsatisfactory.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The general objective of the study is to examine the relevance of ecommerce/online business in Nigeria. The specific objectives of the study are to:
- Examine the effect of electronic business on customers’ satisfaction.
- Examine how well customers have been using e-commerce/online business facilities.
iii. Identify the effect of e-commerce/online business on service delivery to customers.
1.4 RELEVANT RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following relevant questions where formulated:
- What are the effects of e-commerce/online business on customers’ satisfaction?
- How well have customers been using e-commerce/online business facilities?
iii. What are the positive effects of e-commerce/online business on service delivery to customers?
1.5 RELEVANT RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Here are the relevant research hypotheses:
h0: There is no significant relationship between electronic business and customers’ satisfaction.
h1: There is significant relationship between electronic business and customers satisfaction.
h0: E-commerce/online business does not have positive effect on service delivery to customers.
h1: E-commerce/online business does have positive effect on service delivery to customers.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is very important because it assess significance of electronic business on customers’ satisfaction.
Electronic business in Nigeria today is a welcome development and also its impact on the general public is expected to be positive and yielding fruit to our economy. So this research is significant in so many ways as: It will expose the factors that are preventing Nigerian e-trade by putting effective and sustained e-commerce/online business in place.
Using e-commerce/online business as a strategic tool will make a provision on how general electronic trading can embrace opportunities and reduce threats in Nigerian business environment. This will provide a means through which business can improve their performance, increase profitability and also increase their chances of survival. It will motivate business and other economic agents to computerize their services. It will provide advanced Knowledge in the area of electronic business in Nigeria.
Furthermore, to sustain effective e-commerce/online business in Nigeria, certain strategic measures will be revealed in order to reduce negative effects of the problems identified as obstacles to the smooth functioning of the system.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work examines the relevance of ecommerce/online business in Nigeria. with a view to explore Konga Nigeria, Lagos-Island, Lagos.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Customer Satisfaction: Customer satisfaction is a term frequently used in business. It is a measure of how products and services supplied by a company meet or surpass customer expectation.
E-commerce/online business: the use of computers to carry out transactions such as buying and selling on internet.
Information Technology (IT): This represents set of tools, processes, and methodologies and associated equipment employed to collect, process, and present information.
Service delivery: This is the act of providing the needs of customers or clients.
Spamming: This is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria