Full Project – Factors that are responsible for students dropout from senior secondary school

Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5

CHAPTER ONE

INTRODUCTION

• BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY

The problems of rampant case of secondary school drop-out have assured the decrease in the number of population of learners in junior secondary school educational system.

It is too often to assess those junior secondary learners in the second, third or final year in school has dropped out because of many reasons. Those case of students drop out in our schools today, unlike those days when learners were interested in acquisition of western Education has increased in population. The main concern therefore is what the causes and effect of students’ rampant drop are out from junior secondary school? this issue had been a problem of concern to many writers, educationalist, guardians, teachers and parents and other stakeholders in our societies who are  mostly concerned with the education of the young ones for the promoting and bud the humanity towards the encouragement for been a schooling.

The effect of peer- group is another constraint or another important factors that cause or creates case of students to withdraw themselves from schools. In Nigerian societies and most countries of the world, peer groups.

Are regarded as a strong organization that influences the behavior and attitude of its members for examples some students withdraw from school, because members of he/she belong to is not going to school. Hence, they can influence child to drop out from the school.

The attitude of parents towards their children is also to be considered as a factor that could determined whether a child can further his education or drop-out. Some parents either because of love from their children or illiteracy pays little or no attention to their children when they engage in truancy, from the in which she/he is attending.

The period of adolescent is the time a boy or a girl is aged about twelve (12) to seventeen (17) years, as it observed by this period where many students take to high life, looking for boyfriends and girlfriends, it is also at this time that many students engage themselves immoral attitudes such as sexual relationship which is most cases unwanted pregnancies; the moment a child get pregnant in schools, she might have dismissed from the school, he may be drop-out from the school.

On the other hand, at this (adolescent) stage, most boys engage in criminal activities such as smoking, drug addiction, poverty, economic hardship, prostitution, unwanted pregnancies and pick pocketing etc. Most boys end up by not attending school which result in students drop-out from school.

However, students drop-out from school as a result of love of pleasure and just for materials things without corresponding hard work for it pupils or students drop-out is becoming too rampant in Nassarawa Local Government area of Kano State. And even with the improvement and provision of modern- teaching materials and equipment, there is still rampant cases of increasing students drop-out that the researchers attempt to assessing the factors responsible as well as providing the recommendation to the readers and those who might wish to take further as researcher on the same or similar to out topic on assessment of the effect of students drop-out in the societal schools.

• STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM

Without any controversy, for any individuals, society or nation (at large) to be developed their educational affairs have to be at the top or climax stage. This is because at this contemporary world is developing highly educationally, socially, culturally, economically, scientifically, technologically and politically inter for any societal that is need development must to be educated immensely.

In similar to the Nassarawa Local Government area, is beneath in terms of educations must of its students are dropping out from schools in the junior secondary schools in the locality. The problem is still happening within the locality. It is too often to find out that junior secondary schools in the second term, third term or final years in schools before completing a stipulated duration of the study.

In other words, students stop going to school before finishing. However, most of the streets hawking children are the victim of drop-out. The society at large including the Ministry of  Education, teachers and parents are much disturbed towards the issue of increasing rate of student’s drop-out in our junior secondary school that its effect do not affect only individual or group of individuals alone but it also affects friends, teachers and government.

Relations of such victims and in turn have negative effect in the society where he/she lives and even in the country at large.

• STATEMENT OF THE OBJECTIVES
  1. To find out the effect and factors responsible for secondary schools students drop-out in the society of Nassarawa Local Government area, of Kano State.
  2. To investigate the level of which these factors are responsible for drop-out in Nassarawa Local Government area, of Kano State.
  3. To find out some of the pathways forwards identifying senior secondary schools student drop-out right early in the senior secondary school in Nassarawa Local Government area of Kano. In order to provide possible solution that would reduce drop-out rate in Nassarawa Local Governemnt area, of Kano state.
    • RESEARCH QUESTIONS
  4. What are the factors responsible for senior secondary schools students drop-out in the society of Nassarawa Local Government area, of Kano state?
  5. What are the levels at which these factors are responsible for drop-out in the senior secondary schools in Nassarawa Local Government area, of Kano state?
  6. What are some of the pathways that will help in identifying senior secondary schools students drop-out right early in order to provide possible solution that would reduce in Nassarawa Local Government area, of Kano state.

• SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY

Students dropping from school these days are becoming more alarming in Nassarawa Local Government area of Kano state. Even with the improvement on their social amenities and modern ways of teaching and equipment’s compered with ancient time. The cases of students drop-out is still advance or increasing.

Government,parents, teachers as well as students are pivot of these problem, the research will add more knowledge to the ministry of Education, Nassarawa Local Government Education Board, Women Affairs, Institution, welfare and so on.

• SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY

We cannot covered all the senior secondary schools in Nassarawa Local government the research covered only (5) five senior secondary schools respectively out of the seniors secondary schools within the Nassarawa Local government area in Kano state. Only five senior secondary schools are selected which they included as follow:

Get the Complete Project

This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.

You can also check other Research Project here: