Full Project – EFFECT OF MOTIVATION ON WORKERS IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR IN NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION
The research on the effects of motivation on workers in the public sector with particular reference to the Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (NITEL) Enugu state was intended to determine motivation in the NITEL, Enugu. In conducting the research therefore, references were made to source including some related literature. Furthermore, questionnaire and interview method were extensively employed to gather the necessary data for the study. This was supported with other forms of collecting data such as personal observation. Although getting information through some of these sources was not easy, the research therefore acknowledges that there were some limitations which in one way the other affected the findings of the research.
After the collection of data, table was used to present, analyze and interprets the data. At the end some findings based on the data were made which among other things are that the NITEL, Enugu has insufficient motivational variables such as provision of housing facilities bus services for the staff e.t.c which motivates worker to perform efficiently. Also observed was that promotion exercising in the organization lives much to be desired. Often times this is done without talking merit criteria into consideration, other consideration such as loyalty and favoritism also more promotion in the organization coup led with this there is inadequate trained men power to help achieve the objectives for which the organization was set up. Based on the funding, recommendations were drawn including conclusions for important.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Motivation of this research is the overall provision of these individual needs that spurred them to any ambition. Such need include the need for higher pay, a perspiration title a name on the office door, the acclaim of colleagues and a host of other things that gives people a reason to perform. The federal government as well as the money amount of the corporation has introduced a lot of innovation for the effective functioning of the corporation. The former posts and Telecommunication ( P&T) and the Nigerian External Telecommunication (NET) were incorporation into one department on 1st January 1985, and by June 1985 too, the department was split into NITEL and NIPOST ( Nigeria’s postal services). These moves were to make the organizations independents and result oriented.Again, towards improving Nigeria’s Telecommunications system, the federal government of Nigerian spent huge sums of money in order to achieve this goal in 1989 alone, the federal government allocated the sum of N20 million to the organization for the procurement of communication equipment.
Furthermore, the management in order to bring workers into the realm of policy making has introduced the system of management by objective (MBO) whereby workers could participate in decision making the federal government too, upgraded the workers by placing them on universal salary with the hope of improving their lot thereby encouraging them perform effectively. Also in order to improve the image of the organization was before the genera, a public relations department was created in 1967 and given night state the head of public relation money (PRM) is a very senior management positions within the Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (NITEL) in it’s zonal headquarters in Enugu.All those various measures were introduced at the NITEL in order to improve the services in the organization. Research finding indicate that own the lowest employee needs esteem and self actualization although the levels of there needs might not be the same with various individuals. Motivation of employees in essence increases their morals there by leading to the company’s productivity.
1.2 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to investigate the effect of motivation on workers in the Nigeria Telecommunication Limited (NITEL) Enugu.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The Nigeria Telecommunication limited (NITEL) at Enugu has been facing a lot of problem. In the territorial land zonal headquarters located at Enugu, as lot of things have been missing. The cable of the corporation which were procured at way high cost mostly sought. This incessant missing of cables and some other virtual equipment which included, telephones caused a great confusion to the policy makers in the organization. There were familiarity relations between the staff and customers the staff and customers at the corporation in such a way that same members of made demands before or after rendering services to there customers. Many times at the Nigeria Telecommunication Limited (NITEL), Enugu, flies missed and surface later.
There was also problem of misuse of facilities available to the corporation. Some members of staff of the NITEL made free calls to their friends and relatives thereby lowering the profitability of the corporations. Again, some beneficiaries of promotion exercise obtained it whether they were proved productive or not. Lack of space parts for the corporations machines also has militated against the functioning of NITEL.
Other exodus of inexperienced employees, inadequate financial support, managerial incompetence. Some cashiers in the organization render inaccurate accounts to the organization in a bid to defraud the organizations. There are also the problems of indebt or ness to NITEL. Some subscribers refuse to pay their bills under the pretence of non – receipt of bills. Again E. Mbonu in “sustain that the corporation is constrained by the problems of absenteeism and employee turnover on the part of the workers. Furthermore, the expensive mature of the corporations equipment’s has added more to the existing problems. Almost all the equipment’s have been imported Kolade (1989) stated that “it is lack of motivation on the part of management that brings inefficiency and unproductively NITEL’s strive towards meeting subscribers expectations has always been made impossible with the countless damage by those carrying out construction work along routes.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Will the moral of workers in public sector be influenced through occasional financial award?
Is the promotion of workers in public sector a means through which their effort is recognized?
Will free bus service to staff contribute to low absenteeism and early to work/Has poor remuneration contributed to the low productivity of workers
Has inadequate infrastructural facilities hampered development of the organization?
Could the low productivity recorded in the public sectors be attributed to the lack of motivation in the organization?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this study would be useful to the managers in the NITEL and the public sector generally as a guide to the formulation of police’s relating to workers welfare. The study would also be of much significance to the reader. The reader will be able to realize the significance of motivation in an organization and how it help to improve the productivity of workers especially in the public sector. In case of other organization in the Nigeria a public sector this study would also help them in the formulation of strategies that will improve the welfare of their workers thereby making them more productive. To the government generally, the study would assist them in formulating and periodically reviewing their various policies and plans especially as they effect workers in the Nigerian public sector.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS MOTIVATION
The overall provision of these individual needs that spurred them to enter an organization and work effectively towards the increase of organic rational goal.
WORKER Those who produce or transform goods and services for their own consumption and for that of others.
TRAINING Systematic process of attributing the behaviour our employees to increase organizational goals
NEEDS Circumstances in which something is lacking or requiring some course of action.
MANAGEMENT The art of using men, money and material resources to achieve organizational goals.
Groups of person authorized to act as in individuals for business purposes.
STAFF Group of assistant working together under a manager or head.
TELECOMMUNICATION Communication by cables, telegraphs, telephones, radio and televisions.
CONTINGENCY Uncertainly occurrence.
SATISFACTORY The action of gratifying to the full or by contending by the complete fulfillment of a desire.
DATA Something known or assured as fact and made the basis of reasoning or it is the raw material through which we get information.
TELEGRAPHY The art or science of constructing telegraphs.
ESTEEM NEEDS The need that is based on real capacity, achievement and the of others.
SELF ACTUALIZATION NEED A need to do what one is best suited for to achieve at the level of one’s hugs potential to become everything one is capable of becoming.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria