Full Project-MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY
This research work focuses attention on Impact of Training and Manpower Development in the Banking Industry: A Case Study of First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Benin City. The purpose for this research was to identify the impact of training and manpower development that is required for improving staff performance in their organization. In view of this, the study was geared towards personnel development to maintain the procedure for recruitment, promotion, transfer and maintenance of employee records and how training should be structured. The methodology that was adopted were primary and secondary data. The primary data was collected from the bank through oral interview and questionnaire, the secondary data was collected from published records such as book, journals, magazines and other relevant periodicals. There after some analysis was carry out using percentage for some questions. The findings revealed that effective and well planned staff bring about productivity, efficiency at work and high sense of commitment to work. Training and development programmes by organization allow employees to develop their own capabilities, stabilize employment, offer substantial job security, it avoids lay off and retain people with obsolete skill most importantly, it provided greater opportunity for individual growth.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.1 Background to the Study
1.2 Statement of the Research Problem
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.4 Significance of the Study
1.5 The Scope of the Study
1.6 Limitation of the Study
1.7 Organization of the Study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.2 The Importance of Job Analysis
2.3 Objectives of Human Resources Planning
2.4 Recruitment, Training, Staff, Development and Allocation
2.5 Organization Training Needs
2.6 Types and Methods of Training
2.7 Benefits Derivable from Well Planed and Implemented Staff Training Programme
2.8 Sources of Recruitment
2.9 Employee Development
2.10 Measurement of Effectiveness in Human Resources Utilization
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Population of the Study
3.3 Sample of the Study and Sampling Procedure
3.4 Data Collection Method
3.5 Method of Data Analysis
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.2 Presentation Of Data
4.3 Analysis of Questions in the Questionnaire
5.0 SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
In recent years, manpower development has been the bedrock of many banking industries in Nigeria. This is because it has improved employees performance which has led to productivity and efficiency of the organization.
Considering the changes in market environment and competitions experienced by firms, it is important that organization invest on the relevance resources in the organization. The ability and strategy to effectively carry out these proactive acts will serve as an edge over competitors of organization. In other words, training and retraining are necessary, if efficiency and productivity are to be attained. When employees are offered training they acquire new and improved skills that will enable them to perform better in any given organization. Training and retraining of employees is capable of making them to face the challenges and competition in the banking industry.
In the banking sector, training is often organized to upgrade and update their knowledge and skills. Training is also very important in the banking sector because when employees are trained, it will promote sales and increase the level of competition among various banks. Manpower development are the most valuable assets of any organization as well as the most difficult to manage. According to Crosse and Hempel (1978) manpower development is the number of workmen (skilled and unskilled) needed for a certain type of work in a given industry.
They form the engine working toward the aims and objectives of the organization. However, for effective management of this manpower, training and retraining is required to meet daily challenges of the work ability that is facing it personnel policies should be directed toward well defined objective and guided by clearly understood principles. The impact of trained manpower and the untrained manpower in the banking industry is what this project seeks to address. Emphasis shall be on one leading banks in Nigeria, with particular reference to First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
1.8 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
For every organization, there are basically three resources available to it for achieving organizational goals and objectives. The resources are; human resources, material resources, and financial resources, while others classified it as five M: Man, money, material, maintenance and machine. There is a general consensus that among these resources men are the most important to any organization because without them all other resources cannot be fully and optimally exploited. Since the resources available to an organization are relatively scarce, wastage of resources have to be avoided as much as possible. In other words, an organization has to be efficient and effective in its use of resources.
In order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, those involved in putting the resources to use (human resource) must be trained and developed and it is more imperative for them to be retrained in this era of globalization where yesterday’s practices are losing their vogue and appeal. Some banks operating in the country having realized the important of training have training school for their staff some send them on refresher training courses. New methods of training are continually being sought to speed up and deepen skill development and understanding, clearly, there are costs and benefits associated with training and manpower development, it is therefore important to assess the cost benefits.These moves can be justified in terms of improved performance of employees, improvement in corporate image of the companies, increased productivity of the companies so that it can be recommended to organizations that have net yet embraced the culture of training.
It is with this intent that the study sought answers to these research questions:
– Are training programmes embarked upon relevant to the manpower needs of the organization?
– Does training improve the performance of employees?
– Has training led to efficient and effective use of resources in the organization?
– Does training and manpower development lead to improved morale of employees?
– What benefits are associated with training and manpower development?
– What are the different training options available?
1.9 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The research work has the follwing objectives:
1. To ascertain if the training programme offered are relevant to the manpower needs of the organization.
2. To ascertain if the training provided increases efficiency and effectiveness in the organization.
3. To ascertain if training has impact on the performance of employee in the organization.
4. To find out if the responses of employee have changed positively or negatively.
5. To determine the importance of training to manpower development in the banking industry.
1.10 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Human resources are the most vital asset in an organization needed for attaining its set goals and objectives. However, planning aided development based on training learning considerably. The contributions of this factor of production to the growth and achievement of corporate goals depends on its quality. This brings to light the significance of this study which among other things includes:
1. Improve operational flexibility through the application of range of skills and knowledge acquired during training and manpower development.
2. Provide higher levels of service of customers.
3. Increased workers commitment to work as they identify themselves with corporate goals and mission.
4. Improve individual, team and corporate performance in terms of seed quality of overall productivity.
5. Attract high quality staff from competitive banks.
6. Help to develop positive cultures in the organization.
7. Stimulates economic, social, political and academic research interest to the various aspects of training and manpower development.
1.11 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study examines the concept of manpower development as it specifically affects the Nigeria economy.
The area of coverage is restricted to employees of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in Edo State.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria