Full Project – IMPACT OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING AND ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY
Decision is the point at which plans, policies and objectives are translated into concrete action. It is noted that Managers, do consider decision making to be the heart of their job in that they must always choose what is to be done, they influence the ordinary employees in decision making. The objective of the research is to know the impact of employees’ participation in decision making on organizational productivity in Nigerian public sector organizations. Structural questionnaires were administered to 210 respondents which include the management (senior) and intermediate staff of the company, through the employees participating in the decision making will result to high productivity in the organization. Data collected are analysed in a tabular form using a simple percentage of formular to get the findings. The results were discussed in terms of the need for the employee to participate in the decision making in an organization to boost productivity.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY:
It should be known first that a decision is a choice whereby a person forms a conclusion about a situation Costello, I Wand Zalkind, S.S. (1963 p. 334), confined the term decision making, to a choice process, choosing one from among several possibilities. However, election theory in Costello, T.W. et al (1963, p. 387) largely considers decision as asking the process of making a single choice among course of action at a particular point in time. This depicts a course of behaviour about what must be done or vice versa. Decision, however, is the point at which plans, policies and objectives are translated into concrete actions. Planning engenders decision guided by company policy and objectives, policies, procedures and programmes. The aim of decision making is to channel human behaviour towards a future goal.
Decision making is one of the most germane activities of management. It has been the preoccupation of all the management of multifarious organization ranging from small-scale organization to multinational corporations. Managers many at times consider decision making to be the heart of their job in that they must always choose what is to be done, who will do it, when, where and most of the time how it will be done.
Traditionally, managers influence the ordinary employees and specifically, their immediate subordinate in the organization. This has resulted in managers making natural decision even in area affecting their subordinates. In Germany, around 1951, a law enacted which provides for code termination and requires labour membership in the supervisory board and executive committee of certain large corporations. However, the participation of labour in decision making process results to relatively and peacefully labour management relations. Additionally, the Japanese management WSES decision making by concensus in which lower – level employee initiate the reaches the desk of the top executive. If the proposal is approved, it is returned to the initiator for implementation. It is in this context, that the researcher wishes to assess the impact of employees participation in decision making on organisational productivity in Nigerian Public Sector organization, using Anammco Company as a case study.
1.2 STATEMENTOF THE PROBLEM:
There has been a lot of controversy as to whether an employee should participate in managerial decision making or not. Some writers argued that employees where it affects them or their jobs, it is expected that such participation will serve as training and testing ground for future members of upper management. In Nigeria, experts that refuted the above assertion see the arrangement as a symptom of malorganisation. They maintained that, qualified, reasonably, honest and company oriented individuals are not available at these lower organizational level. But the big question is, are qualified individuals really available? All these underlay the need for investigation study.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY:
The general purpose of this empirical study is to assess the impact of employees participation in managerial decision making in public sector organization in Nigeria with reference to Anammco Company Limited.
1. To assess the impact of employees participation in management decision making.
2. To ascertain the impact of employees participation or non-participation in management decision on productivity of the organization.
3. To make recommendation based on the research findings.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY:
This research work focuses particularly on the impact of employees participation in decision making and organizational productivity using Anammco Company, Enugu as a case study.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS:
In a view to accomplishing this research work effectively, the research poses the following:
1. Do management staff make decision without per and post discussion and consultation with employees?
2. Do management change decision when rejected by employees?
3. To what extent do employees participate in decision making?
4. How often do employees meet to discuss without managers?
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS:
The researcher formulates the following hypothesis base on the objectives and problems of this research work.
Ho: Management staff makes decision without per and post discussion and consultation with employees.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY:
This research work will be relevant to the managers and employees of Anammco Company. It will also be beneficial to other public sector organization in Nigeria – it will also be of prodigious importance to government, academically, potentially and future researches on the issue of employee participation in managerial decision making. This empirical study is also germane to the researcher since it is a partial requirement for the award of Higher National Diploma in Business Administration and Management.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY:
A work of this nature is not easy to consummate or accomplish. And, as a result, financial problem, time constriaints, apathy on the part of the respondents and bureaucratic procedures involved in releasing data seriously affected the study.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS:
1. Decision Making: The selection from among alternative of
a course of action.
2. Management: Management is made up of top and middle level
management. Top management include shareholder, Board of Directors, Managing Director, or Chief Executive/General Manager (i.e management above departmental level), middle management includes Heads of Department, Managers, Deputy and Assistant Managers.
3. Productivity: A measure of how well resources are brought
together in organization and utilized for accomplish a set of results.
4. Germane: Relevant, important, pertinent.
5. Heart of their job: As it is used in the research work means
their main job.
Applox, R. C. (1981) Modern Business Administration. 3rd Ed., New
York, Pitman Publishing Ltd.
Costello, T. W. and Zalkind, S. S. (196) Psychologist in Administration: A Research Orientation Text Eaglewood.
Cliff, N. J. (1980); Business Oriented Text, London, Macmillan Press Ltd.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria